I'm currently a Food Studies grad student, writer, mom of 3, Brooklynite, lover of the written word. Former selves have included professional cook, caterer, magazine editor, inhabitant of Paris and London.
I've been keeping this blog since 2010 as a journal of recipes and stories that I want to remember and share. They're recipes I truly love, so even when I'm not posting, I'm circling back to those well-worn pages I use again and again. I hope you will, too.
A few favorite posts (and recipes):
- The Sugarhouse Rules (Maple-vanilla pots de creme)
- For the Love of Almond Butter (Almond butter and jam thumbprint cookies)
- What do Fairies Eat? (Fiddleheads with poached eggs and miso butter)
- Mint for the Moms (Mint Leaf/chocolate chip ice cream)
- Retro Strawberries (Old-fashioned strawberry shortcake)
- Last Swim (Panzanella)
- Granola (homemade granola)
- Morels (on foraging and cooking wild morel mushrooms)
- Black Currants (Black currant compote)
- Tea Cakes (my great-grandmother's Christmas cookie recipe)
- Waking up the Blue House (Pork Paprika, our favorite winter dish)
- Summer, Stay a While (Green Gazpacho with Grilled Corn)
- Paris in November (travelogue with lots of links)